Position closes on 26th January 2018
• To work as part of the food services team in any of the outlets in the Hospital including events
• To assist with the events team as given on the rota by the Catering Manager
• To set tables with crockery, cutlery, place mats, condiments, menus and any other items required
• To serve hot and cold food and drinks to the In-Pensioners and Guests in the Great Hall
• Service of food & beverage during the events at the Wren House and State Apartments
• Service of Food & Beverage at the CPC and Coffee Shop as required by the Managers
• Sale and Stock accountability of all alcoholic drinks and soft drinks at the CPC.
• Clearing and cleaning of glasses at the CPC.
• Clearing and wash up of crockery and cutlery at the café.
• Preparation of salads, soups and sandwiches at the café.
• Cash accountability for all sales at the CPC and Café in the absence of Manager.
• Ordering and checking stock levels for all food and beverage items in the absence of Managers.
• Responsible for security of the facility including opening and closing procedures and to perform duties honestly and have a keen awareness of security matters.
• Cash and stock accountability for the outlets you are working on the day.
• To do set up and take down of the events room at the RHC while working for events.
• Clear tables after meals and stack the dirty items on trolleys for transportation to the plate wash
• To maintain inventory of Wine and other beverages during event and do the final count for billing
• To switch on hotplates, hot trolleys, plate warmers and squash machines
• To clean hot plates, hot cupboards and fridges
• To clean tables and chairs
• To sweep and mop the floors.
• To polish crockery, glasses and cutlery ensuring they are fit for use.
• To clean and fill condiment containers
• To clean the hot food trolleys after use
• To clean the dining hall trolleys after use
• To clean and fill squash machines
• To assist with the service at special functions
• To collect and deliver laundry to the laundry room
• To fold and put out serviettes
• Serve and clear up after Bowls Teas and other internal events
• To undertake other duties as required by the Great Hall Manager, the Catering Manager or their representatives
Chelsea Pensioners have recognised the work efforts of staff who will be working over the Christmas period
Christmas Cake donated by the Australian Defence Force as a symbol of the enduring friendship between the UK and Australia