Position closes on 29th December 2017
• To drive In-Pensioners as required to and from medical appointments or social trips as coordinated by the Chief Clerk
• To maintain a daily log of journeys undertaken.
• To be responsible for the daily safety check of the vehicle, reporting any defects immediately and maintaining daily inspection logs. All problems with the vehicle to be reported to the Chief Clerk
• To take precautions to ensure the safety of passengers who are on, getting on or off the vehicle.
• To ensure that the gangways, entrances and exits of the vehicle are kept clear at all times.
• To ensure the vehicle is kept clean, inside and out, particularly the windows
• To ensure that there is sufficient lighting in the vehicle to illuminate access from the seats to the exit
• Working hours will be flexible so as to cover the transport requirements of the vehicle users.
• Provide supervision and attention when needed to passengers, ensuring they are safely able to enter or exit the vehicle
• At times, support In-Pensioners with providing an escort to appointments or by participating in In-Pensioner activities that involve the use of the vehicle.
• Full clean UK or EU driving licence including classification D1 (up to 16 seater vehicle)
• Genuine interest in working with the elderly.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• An awareness of responsibilities in regards to Safeguarding Adults
• A good standard or English, both oral and written
• Basic IT/ Smart phone skills
• Knowledge of local area including the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and central London
The Chelsea Pensioners will be taking part in the annual Lord Mayor's Show in London this year, to celebrate their 325th anniversary.
Royal Hospital Chelsea Matron, Susan Williams joins expert panel of judges at the 3rd Sector Care Awards 2017