Position closes on 22nd October 2019
We are looking to recruit a Chef who will work as part of a team to prepare, cook and serve meals for In-Pensioners and guests, in the Great Hall and Margaret Thatcher Infirmary.
- To prepare, cook and serve meals for In-Pensioners and Guests, in the Great Hall and MTI using all equipment and machinery provided for this purpose
- To work in the Kitchen, Larder and Pastry Departments as detailed by the Head Chef or Catering Manager.
- To correctly recover leftover food and re-use it on instruction from the Catering Manager or Head Chef on duty.
- To practice good food hygiene procedures and practices.
- To check the temperature of hot foods during cooking and again during service
- To ensure cold foods are kept below 8oC when not in use
- To prepare, cook and serve special lunches when required.
- To prepare, cook and serve food for functions in the Great Hall, Council Chambers and Infirmary, when required.
- Prepare, cook and serve barbecues when require.
- Identify breakages and faults to equipment and report them to Management immediately
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the Kitchen