Position closes on 14th November 2021
We are currently looking for people to join our catering team who have excellent customer service, a genuine interest in helping others, a can-do attitude and happy to go that extra mile just to make someone’s day. No two days will be the same, so if you love to make others smile, this may be the position for you.
What you will be doing.
- Prepare serving and dining areas according to specific directions and layout plans established by the catering manager.
- Prepares food in an attractive and appetizing way according to the Sous Chef’s directions.
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Addresses immediate Pensioner concerns, questions, and needs to provide an optimal experience.
What are we looking for?
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our pensioners smile.
- Genuinely friendly and caring.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Passion for food and beverage and willingness to learn.
- Ambitious and hard working.
- Good communication and personal presentation.
It would be advantageous if you have worked in Food and Beverage or in catering/restaurant/bar previously.
What we offer.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Civil Service pension scheme.
- Uniform provided.
- Onsite gym and staff subsidized café.
The Royal Hospital Chelsea actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of our community – the more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect the breadth of our community.
This is a permanent and full-time role working 41 hours per week. The hours are allocated on a shift pattern so you will be working any 5 days out of seven which includes weekends.
As this post involves working with adults with care and support needs the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service application.