Position closes on 22nd October 2019
The Kitchen Porter is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the Catering Department and the handling and transportation of food and beverages as required by the Head Chefs and Head of Catering & Hospitality or their representatives.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the catering departments which include the Great Hall, kitchens in Great Hall and MTI and other areas as detailed by the Head Chefs and Head of Catering & Hospitality or their representatives.
- To clean machinery, fabric and equipment (dangerous equipment must not be cleaned by untrained personnel).
- To wash, dry and stack crockery and cutlery.
- To sweep and mop floors
- To clean walls, windows, fridges, shelves, trolleys, hot plates, tables, etc as detailed
- To clean and prepare vegetables and fruits
- To perform basic food preparation.
- To transport food and equipment between the Great Hall Kitchen and Infirmary/Council Chamber/Stores etc.
- To decant rations from boxes into the ration stores.
- Cleaning of staff changing rooms, stairs and office areas as required by Managers or Head Chefs.
- Ensure delivered food items are correctly stored.
- To undergo Food Hygiene Training, COSHH and Health & Safety Training and periodic refresher training as necessary
- To take responsibility for own Health & Safety and for that of those affected by the post holder’s acts or omissions
- To perform any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the Kitchen and Infirmary.