Position closes on 6th August 2021
As a Sous Chef you will be responsible to the Head Chef for food production in the Great Hall Kitchen and Margaret Thatcher Infirmary to the highest standard. In addition to the core catering operations, you will also be required to work for external and internal events held within the Royal Hospital Chelsea. You will also be responsible for the training of all staff within your small but dedicated team in accordance with current legislation.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable experience in events or banqueting operations.
- A passionate interest in the catering industry.
- A competent communicator and the ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients.
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team of chefs.
This is a full-time post working 41 hours per week in a shift pattern which includes weekend working.
The Royal Hospital Chelsea actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of our community – the more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect the breadth of our community.
As this post involves working with adults with care and support needs the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service application.
We are scheduling interviews as the applications come in. So apply now!