With the COVID-19 virus continuing to spread around the country and, in particular, in London, we have taken the necessary steps to safeguard the Chelsea Pensioners and staff at the Royal Hospital Chelsea by suspending all public religious services until further notice.
All are welcome to our chapel services that are held in the Wren Chapel at 11am every Sunday.
08:30 Holy Communion (a short service without music)
11:00 Choral Matins (every Sunday of the year except on the following Sundays when Choral Eucharist is celebrated:
- 2rd February: Candlemass
- 1st March: First Sunday in Lent
- 12th April: Easter Day
- 31st May: Whit Sunday
- 18th October: St Luke's day
- 1st November: All Saints Sunday
- 29th November: Advent Sunday
10th April 11:00: Good Friday Service with Hymns (No Choir)
8th November 10:50: Remembrance service - Doors open at 10:15 please arrive early to be seated before 10:45.
To serve the Chelsea Pensioners and their families and the Sunday congregation, as well as our visitors, this year we are offering two Carol Services. This will enable people to choose a day and time.
- Sunday 13th December 15:00 The Royal Hospital Carol Service-Doors open at 14:15.
- Sunday 20th December 11:00 The Royal Hospital Carol Service-Doors open at 10:15.
Christmas Eve: (Thursday 24th December)
Christmas Eve - 18:00 First Communion of Christmas - Doors open 17:15
Christmas Day: (Friday 25th December)
08:30 Holy Communion
11:00 Festival Matins (Doors open 10:15 and will close at 10:55 late comers will not be admitted until after the processional Carol)
Sunday 27th December
08:30 Holy Communion
11:00 Matins with Carols (no Choir)
- Members of the public are welcome to join the Chelsea Pensioners, their families and staff at our services.
- First come, first seated. Once all seats are filled, the doors will be closed.
- On Sundays the main Chapel gate is open 30 minutes before services for pedestrians and cars.
For more information call 020 7881 5214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.