Don’t miss the first-ever Chelsea History Festival
24th September 2019
Tickets are now on sale for a fascinating festival of history on the Royal Hospital Road in one of London’s most ancient districts.
Co-founded by Royal Hospital Chelsea, National Army Museum and Chelsea Physic Garden, the five-day festival brings the past to life over five fascinating days. Immerse yourself in a celebration of history, set in the heart of iconic Chelsea. With more than 35 events over 5 days, discover this exciting programme of all centred around Royal Hospital Road.
There’s a packed programme of talks, workshops, guided walks, music and family fun. Join world-class speakers, authors, historians and performers as you step into the stories that shape our world.
- Remembering Arnhem: with historian Anthony Beevor, World War II expert Rick Stroud talking to veteran Victor Gregg, and an immersive re-enactment
- Roderick Williams performs in The Lark Ascending Concert in the Wren Chapel
- Helen Castor on Elizabeth I’s hidden insecurities
- David Nott on life as a front-line surgeon
- Dan Jones on the Crusades
- Max Hastings on the Dambusters
- Gyles Brandreth on poetry
- Lara Maiklem on Thameside mudlarking
- Sonia Purnell on the woman who was World War II’s most dangerous spy
- Immersive games, marching drills and activities for children
- A hidden history hunt at the Royal Hospital
- Plus food, drink and much, much more.
Visit www.chelseahistoryfestival.com to see the full programme and get your tickets.